October is a great month for many reasons, but the main one is MY birthday is in October and everyone knows...I LOVE celebrating my birthday! Big or small, it's all about ME!!! There are many other reasons that October is a great month and they are as follows (and of course not in any specific order)....
1. My sister Megan was born in October. Her birthday is two days after mine, so I always have someone to celebrate with!
2. School has been back in session for 1 1/2 months, so everyone schedule is finally a routine (if that is possible with teenagers)
3. The leaves on the trees are beginning to change...and I love the colors!
4. The days are getting shorter and the nights are cooler
5. The daily temperature is around 68-72 degrees and typically sunny; making it perfect CALIFORNIA weather
6. Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. As the kids have gotten older, it is becoming less important to them, but I still love seeing the little goblin's come to the door begging for candy.
7. Our godson's birthday is in October...this will be his monumental 1st birthday!!!
8. Typically I wrap up my Christmas shopping in October...unfortunately I will not be doing that this year...I have started however!
9. Fall fever typically hits and I go through a massive "clean-up and get-rid-of" session. This also typically involves moving the furniture around (which is a "run for the hills" day for Steve and Matt...strong men alway help this part of fall fever)
10. I unpack my fall/winter clothes! This is truly fun, because it looks like you have an entirely new wardrobe because you haven't seen/worn these pieces since April!!!